• NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development.
• OCN Level 2 in Family Support Skills.
• A current paediatric first aid certificate.
• Foundation certificate in food hygiene.
• Child protection Levels 1, 2 and 3.
I have attended over 24 workshops for childminders. This has provided me with information and knowledge on matters such as behaviour management, infection control, home safety, living with asthma and eczema to name just a few. I regularly attend courses and update my knowledge in line with current changes, such as the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage).
I am member of Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY).
Previously, I worked as a driving instructor for many years before becoming a childminder. This involved passing the Advanced Driving Test and learning the principles of teaching. This has helped me in the education of the children in my care, as well as having endless patience.